Friday, October 14, 2011

Moving time and other craziness

In case you haven't heard, I got appendicitis.  My appendix is officially gone and no longer bothersome.  It was probably the worst pain I've ever experienced, and if you've known me for long, you know that's saying something.  Minus childbirth (which i'm sure is worse), I've had quite the list of painful experiences.  Anyway, the go through your bellybutton now, which I think is really weird.  So, I won't have too bad of scars.  I'm feeling pretty much completely better.  A little sore still, but lots of energy to go around again :)

As for moving.  I hate where I live, and I applied for a new place on Thursday.  It's this cute little Triplex that's a bit older.  It was built in the early 70s, and even has a gas stove!  It has a very tiny back yard.  Certainly big enough for Pistachio, though!  It's a two bedroom, one bath and 750 sq ft.  And this is the best part.  It's only $450 a month!  How crazy is that!  On the other side of the triplex is a single mother with her little five year old boy.  You can tell he doesn't get a lot of attention at home, but he's a nice boy.  The living room is quite spacious, and there are lots of windows in the bedrooms.  Basically I get a bedroom and so does Pistachio.  Really, I get a bedroom and an office that Pistachio will live in.  But my friends think its funny that I'm basically giving Pistachio his own room. haha.  Anyway, I find out if I've been approved on Monday. So, keep your fingers crossed, pray, do a ceremonial dance... I'll take what help I can get!

I also was inspired by Craig's list and my sister-in-law, Nikki, to go garage sale shopping today. I've been out shopping since 7:30am today!  I spent a total of $90, and here's what I got:  2 nice etched martini glasses, 3 glass bowls, 9 children's books (all classic Disney stories for my nieces), a book for myself (October Sky), 3 mini face masks, Candy Land, The Lion King, a food dehydrator, a vase, a huge pot of irises, a make up bag,  2 belly button rings (new. no worries), a microwave (quite large and semi-new), a large cherry wood bookshelf (in great condition), a cabinet (that fits the microwave perfectly on top. bought separately and with my guessing!), and a night stand.  So, basically I half way furnished my new place and updated the kitchen for $90.  Awesome!  Big ticket items I have left to get:  bed, dresser (x2?), desk, kitchen table and chairs.  I've found most of these on Craig's list though.  I can get the kitchen table and chairs for about $30, and a desk with office chair for $25.  Maybe I should ask Shawn when he comes to visit if his friend is selling any of his things before he moves from Pheonix.  That would be too convenient!

Well I think that's all for now.  I'll make sure to post if I get the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment