Ok. First of all, sorry mom bc you're not going to like that I didn't call you to tell you before I put this up, but I was waiting for you to get off work.
I am sooo frustrated right now. I got in a car accident on Wednesday. As some of you know, I got in a really bad car accident when I was 16. I just got to the point where I can watch car crashes in movies and not have flashbacks. Then I get in a car accident! I guess I should start off by saying no one was hurt. There is a sizable dent in my driver's side door, and a few scratches on her car. Here's what happened. I was driving into the sunset (romantic? no) in a part of town I've never been to in a poorly labeled construction zone. I was trying to turn on the next street on the left. I thought I found where to turn, which needed to be a rather sharp turn due to cones and such. So, I turned on my left blinker, slowed down and moved slightly to the right for leverage. I was still partially in the lane. I'd say 1/4 to 1/2 in the lane. The lady behind me tried to pass me. (God knows why!) and ran into my driver side door. Now I was so shook up after this I was unable to articulate to the policeman what had happened. So not only did I get a ticket, but he kept accusing me of being on illegal drugs and drunk driving. It was insulting. He did nothing to attempt to calm me down to get a clear story from me but was accusatory and demeaning, making matters worst. I got three hours of sleep that night and missed two classes the next morning because of it. Perhaps if I had a sympathetic or more competent policeman I would have been better. Anyway, in AZ you get an automatic court date. So, I'm going to challenge my ticket then. The ticket is for "unable to control vehicle to avoid accident." If you ask me that sounds like the lamest excuse for a policeman who just wanted to give a ticket to the nervous girl.
I've also been trying to meet new people. So, I hung out with my neighbor last night. We played some Wii games. He's 18 and a freshman. Then after he left he made a very inappropriate joke via text message. I wasn't even sure if it was a joke at first. We've been fighting via text message essentially all day about it. I told him that I barely know him and he was making me uncomfortable. He yelled at me for overreacting but eventually agreed not to make those jokes around me. Maybe I just shouldn't hang out with people 4 years younger than me for a few years when they're a little more grown up.
Top it off, my only girl friend here is out of town this weekend. So, I'm stuck hanging out with the guys. Normally I wouldn't mind this, but the one I'm closest to is starting to act weird. I have no idea why. I'm certain he doesn't like me as more than a friend, but it's possible he thinks I like him and got uncomfortable for no reason. And, I don't get any of my midterm grades back until next week. And my date that was supposed to be last Sunday and got postponed to this Sunday has been postponed again until next Sunday.
Basically I'm in a waiting game. Waiting for my court date. Waiting for people to grow up. Waiting for my grades. And waiting for a date that may or may not ever happen. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Oh. Perhaps I should tell you about this guy I'm going on a date with. He's 24, and he's a technician at the University of Arizona, and does his work at Biosphere 2. And he's going back to school to be a pastor. On Sunday we're going to check out a new church, go to lunch and then play board games. Sounds like the perfect date to me. Too bad our schedules suck being at different schools and a town apart.
Wow I feel so much better now that I ranted to my audience of say 5? 6? lol. You may also be interested to know my Halloween weekend plans. I'm going to see Rocky Horror live at a theater near the school on Saturday. Afterwards, I'm going to stop by the Optical Sciences grad student party, where costumes are required! Then on Monday, I'm celebrating Halloween with board games and dinner at my friend Ellie's house. I'm not sure if her husband and daughter will be able to make it though. Ellie hit a deer with her car a few weeks back. It's drivable, but not so pretty. Then, last week, her husband's transmission went. So his car is not drivable. We already made pumpkin pie and pumpkin cookies last time we were there. The pumpkin pie was from a fresh pumpkin too! The trick is to blend the pumpkin really well so it doesn't turn out stringy. I'm not quite sure what to make this time. I do have a recipe for shortbread cookies that look like witches fingers. They use a chocolate dipped almond for the finger nail. I thought that was pretty clever.
Well, that's all for now. I'm going to continue getting ahead on my homework, and possibly go to the Friday happy hour event that Optical Sciences puts on. It'll be my first time going, but they are having it at a place that has soy-free pizza. Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment