I got back from the group retreat on Friday night. It was so much fun! I have tons of pictures, but those will have to wait until later like all of the other pictures... maybe I should just steal an internet chord from work.... hmmm..... Anyway, we went boating on the lake and had tons of fun. Though it was freezing basically the whole time. Then we had delicious sandwiches with butcher meat and cheese from a special cheese store. MmmmMmmm. After that we payed games and hung out until it was time to make dinner. I made twice baked potatoes and Eric made stir fry. Leila (my officemate) made an Iranian dish that she grew up with. I don't think many people liked it. But she was very excited and it was worth seeing her happy.
After dinner we played a fun trivia game with a huge board that will buzz if you get the questions right. It was a riot! After that, Alex FINALLY got there. He had been at a workshop that helps with presentation skills. Then, we had a whiskey tasting. I had only had Jameson before, and I thought it was pretty good. So, I figured I would like higher quality whiskey more. WRONG! It was gross. It smelled like smoked meat which made me not want to drink it in the first place. And it tasted smokey too. It was gross. I got -1 point from our technician Frans for not finishing all five shots of whiskey. Yes five whole shots! Apparently tasting (which normally gives about a quarter of a shot or less) to Jeoron meant get everyone drunk. lol. oh well. I didn't finish even one shot. The next day we got up and had a light breakfast and went out to farmer's golf. You get a wooden shoe on a stick and hit a mini soccer ball around a course. The holes are buckets dug into the ground. lol. It was great. I also have a lot of pictures of that. I really should get that internet cable.... After that, we went on a pirate themed ship to eat Dutch pancakes. It was really cute. I had one that was half apples and cream and half bananas and chocolate. delicious!
Well, I should get down stairs to the lab. The laser should be all warmed up. Yes something that can burn things must have time to warm up or it's just not as good.
No comments:
Post a Comment