I'm currently at my last day of work. Yes I am blogging at work in the middle of the day. And really no one cares. They haven't cared this whole time. How cool are my bosses? I'm really going to miss everyone here. I'm have a 100% off sale in my office of some stuff that I am not taking with me. It's a pretty random collection of baking supplies, candy, gloves, nail polish, etc. I'm also giving away a couple of books my mom and grandma sent to me. I don't think they realized what the books were about before they sent them to me. The one my grandma sent gave the message that church is bad, homosexuality is ok, marriage is not sacred, sex before marriage is ok, etc. I'm pretty sure that's the exact opposite of what she's taught me. Well, I'm pretty sure she thinks homosexuality is wrong, but she certainly tolerates it well.
Anyway, I am almost done packing. I have a few things that I still need to use. The bags are almost the same weight I came in with despite all of the gifts and souvenirs I bought. I guess the clothes I threw away, gave to charity or gave to Alex to bring to me in April really countered that well. One back is 42lbs and the other is 46lbs. So, I still have a bit of room for the presents Alex is sending me home with. His present got lost in the mail, and is being resent to him. Hopefully it gets there before Christmas, but I'd be surprised if it got there before February. lol.
I did get some pretty amazing gifts for people, if I do say so myself. I think my mom will certainly like her present the most. I finally found an amazing gift for Christina too. And my grandparents will love their souvenir. Though, their souvenir is actually from Portugal. haha. Oh well. Grandma's present is from the Netherlands, so it evens out. Grandpa is the only person I haven't gotten a present for yet. He's so hard to shop for! I have one really great idea, but I've been looking for over a month for it and no luck! I'm going to the campus store to see if I could get him a university souvenir. If not, I'll pick him up something in Amsterdam. Maybe I'll get him some of the pickled herring that's so popular here. haha!
I just realized I haven't blogged about Rome. It was great! I got to see so much. I went to the Colosseum, the ruins, the Vatican, Saint Maria's church. The Sistine Chapel. I even climbs the stairs that Jesus walked on my kneed (next to a nun no less). I have approximately 500 pictures from Rome and Paris. So, pictures will just have to wait. Sorry. Those of you who really depend on these pictures can just look at my camera in a couple of days anyway.
Well, I should really get back to work. It's almost lunch time, and all I've done is sell stuff for $0. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment