Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Paris without pics

I will be waiting until after Rome to upload all the pics at once.  But I can tell you about Paris.

I was only there for a day and a half.  So, everything seemed really rushed.  I got into the trainstation and met with Deana.  We then found our hostel and checked in.  The hostel was ok.  The rooms were pretty small though.  After that, we met Susannah at Musee D'Orsay (spelling?) and looked at some really pretty art including Monet, which I love btw. Then, we walked to the Eiffel Tower, and I got to see it sparkle.  It was super pretty, but we didn't go to the top because it was dark and we were already running late.  Then, we had dinner at this little fondue restaurant, where they serve wine out of a baby bottle.  lol.  It was goofy.  We got oil fondue since Deana is lactose-intolerant.  I had never had it before but it was essentially a bowl of raw beef and partially cooked potatoes... kinda intense.  The wine was absolutely delicious.  I thought I didn't like red wine.  I guess I just like the expensive French red wine. lol.  After that, we went to a few bars and met up with some of Susannah's friends and her roommate Hannah.  I ended the day with a delicious nutella and banana crepe hot off the vendor.

The next day, Deana and I ate at our hostel, which had a complementary breakfast.  I had a typical french croissant.  Then we went to this beautiful church (which name I can't remember) and the opera house.  After that, Deana had to leave.  So, I got another crepe.  This time it was chicken and cheese (apparently rare in France), and I toured Notre Dame and got lots of pics and bought souvenirs.  I met Susannah here and we walked the touristy strip that includes Notre Dame, the Louvre and the Tour.  There was so much to see!  I took a lot of pictures.  I'm going to have to do a bit of research to remember all of the names though.  Basically I was sight seeing from 9:30am to 6:30pm. At the end of the day, we were planning on going to a cute pizzeria where I could get a pizza made for me in the shape of a heart. But, then we remembered that it was a Sunday and nothing was open.  So, we went to Breakfast in America or BIA. lol.  Compared to a Denny's it was subpar.  But it was great comfort food.  It's the first time since June I've had real American pancakes and eggs over-easy.  Soooo tastey.

Anyway, I leave for Rome tomorrow morning.  I get to stay with Erica and save a ton on a hostel.  And, I have the second half of Wednesday through Sunday morning to tour Rome.  Hopefully it's enough.  Well, I should get back to work.  My colleague is having some trouble using the setup I built.  I'm pretty sure it's because of her sample, but whatever.  I'm the one who has to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! paris!!! im really jealous! hey why arent you subscribed to my blog??? hmmm is it because you dont love me??? it always seems like pictures are coming later... lol

    ReplyDelete