Monday, November 22, 2010

What I miss about Thanksgiving

  1. Visiting with family
  2. Playing with my nieces
  3. Grandmas turkey and mash potatoes
  4. Pumpkin pie (really anyone's but Grandma's is the best!)
  5. Pumpkin bread
  6. Pumpkin cookies that my mom makes (Can you tell there's NO pumpkin in this country?)
  7. Decorating the house
  8. Drinking hot cocoa
  9. Puzzles with Grandpa and Mom and Christina
  10. Helping in the kitchen
  11. No work or school
  12. That feeling of being too stuffed to move and not caring
  13. Watching Tapanga go from person to person begging for food even though she just ate
  14. Secretly talking about Christmas presents you've already bought
  15. Planning Black Friday shopping
  16. Going Black Friday shopping
  17. Everyone together for a tastey tastey holiday
I don't get to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family or any family this year.  I'm going to try to find turkey, which is pretty rare in this country.  But I also have to work until five, probably later that day.  I also can't buy canned pumpkin.  I would have to buy a special type of pumpkin that is already hard to find, take out the guts, and puree it myself.  Needless to say, I am NOT doing that.  I guess Thanksgiving will be just Alex and me with a little bit of turkey (hopefully), mashed potatoes and some corn.  Maybe I'll get some real turkey when I get back for Christmas. Yum!

Also, I have almost finished my Christmas and souvenir shopping lists.  I have three more Christmas presents to get and souvenirs for three more people.  Woohoo!  I hope everyone likes what they get!  I think my mother will be the most excited about her present though. lol.  Now you're wondering what it is! muhaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment