Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's all been working up to this!

I finished the goal of my research project last week.  That's right.  The entire project.  I did everything they thought I could in 6months.  But I have a month and a half yet to do guess what?  My own research that I get to plan and decide.  I'm so excited, but I have no idea where to start.  I've got a few papers to start me off on ideas.

I have the general GRE on wednesday.  From taking a practice exam a couple of weeks ago.  I'm right on track.  Since this exam isn't as important to schools.  I should be just fine.  I'm still going to take another practice test though.

On Saturday, I have the physics GRE.  The day I've been dreading for over a year.  I'm doing ok on it.  I've been guessing way tooo much on problems though.  You get points subtracted for wrong answers.  So I need to be extra careful about that.  I do get three days of almost complete solitude at my bosses apartment just before the exam.  That will be so nice!

As for the college search.  My original goal was to have it narrowed down to those I want to apply to by the GRE.  If I know which schools to send my scores to by then, I get four free ones.  And they're $23 a pop!  So that's almost $100 saved!  I'm down to 12.  I want to be down to 5-7 to actually apply. One doesn't need GRE scores and doesn't have an application date.  So, that one is golden.  So far, my favorites are North Carolina University and University of Colorado Boulder.  But, we'll see how things pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment