Thursday, September 16, 2010

Busy Busy Busy!

I made a list of all of the things I need to do in the next week and it's huge!!  I'm a little scared, but I know that I will get plenty of help along the way, and I'm pretty sure I can accomplish everything I need to and set aside things that aren't as urgent.  So far I need to read 10 chapters in one physics book and 10 in another.  I also need to go through a thermal physics review packet, do a homework set on quantum optics, and that's only for my class!  I also have a lot of work to do to be prepared for my posters.  And I have an important meeting tomorrow with a possible collaborator.  I did however find a journal that I may try to publish an article in this year.  It's specifically for undergraduates.  I'll tell you when to start crossing your fingers. :)

Alex had a presentation yesterday.  It was in Dutch.  So, I didn't go.  But, apparently everyone really liked it and asked him a lot of questions about the demo he made and shaping laser pulses.  It seems like he had a lot of fun.  And today we can finally have a meal together with just the two of us.  That hasn't happened in a while.

I'm starting to get really homesick hearing about everyone moving back in to school.  I'm sad that I can't help Christina, my cousin, move in for her first year.  It would've been nice to help her get prepared and teach her a few tricks.  I know she'll do well, even if she has withdrawels from her hampster. lol.  I also miss my tortoise.  So I can totally relate right now.  I also really miss the support group I have at Lawrence.  Between Maitland, Mari and Grace, I've had someone to turn to every time I needed to.  Not to mention Mia, and Claire (even though she's in Chicago now), and Carol, and Brad and Jessy... ok too many people to miss.  I also really miss Kappa.  I'm wearing my KKG sweatshirt right now to feel a little closer.  I miss the weekly meetings and hearing Susannah's interesting and a lot of times funny risk management tips.  I miss the excitement of recruitment and the fun of making caramel apples.  Maybe I'll host a mini caramel apple making session when I get back just for funsies.  And a movie night with Mulan and lots of Kappas and lots of popcorn. lol.  Maybe I'll just have to plan lots of fun things for when I'm back so that I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment