Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hungry!

I am hungry all the time on this gluten-free diet.  It's so frustrating.  I've been talking with my friend Ali, and she said that I should switch to brown rice instead of white rice.  Hopefully that helps a bit.  I'm snacking like crazy!  Also, I found this delicious garlic herb cheese spread for my sandwiches.  Never thought I would enjoy sandwiches for two meals a day!  I went to the canteen for dinner, and they didn't have much gluten free.  Normally their whole meal is gluten free, but they went for pasta and breaded chicken today :(  I probably looked really weird checking out with my kiwi, coke, and boiled eggs. lol.

I just read Nikki's blog about her friend's friend's (keeping up) miscarriage.  It was soooo sad. but bittersweet that "the first time he opens his eyes he sees Jesus." I almost cried and I don't even know these people!  I guess it kind of hit home for me a bit.  My biggest fear (for when I'm older. Don't worry.)  is that I will never be able to see my child.  I'm afraid of either having a miscarriage or dying during labor.  It's so scary!  I hate health class for freaking me out.  I've even considered adopting to avoid the whole issue.  Of course, I will have to come to an agreement with my future husband, in the future.  I really shouldn't be worrying about this now.  Alex and I have spoken of marriage, but he doesn't want to get married until after he gets his PhD, and I don't want to get married until I'm in graduate school at the earliest.  So, I've got at least two years until I should be worrying about this.  Why am I stressing now?  It's entirely irrelevant now.  ugh!

Well, Pistachio, my tortoise, seems to be doing very well with Mari and Maitland.  Maitland claims that he likes Mari better.  He may.  I know he hated my old roommate Carol.  He would hiss at her all the time.  Granted, she did hiss back and gave him the very attractive nick name Piss.  I know.  Lovely right?  I wish I had a picture of him here, and my dogs.  I brought pictures of my family, and I constantly am updating my computer background with new pictures of my nieces from Nikki's blog.  I guess I just am a little homesick.  It'll happen when you're half way across the world for almost 3months.  Wow!  It's been almost three months.  I'm almost half way into this project.  That's crazy, and kind of makes me feel like I need to get to work. lol.  Homework and studying for the GRE need to come first right now though.

I will try to start taking more pictures and post them, however, they will not be nearly as cute as the ones of my nieces.  Sorry, I'm no longer a little chubby girl with budding teeth or an adorable smiley baby.  Though I am smiley.. and maybe a little chubby. lol.  Certainly not as chubby as little Hannah though!  I have some pictures on my camera that should be posted.  They're of really cute monkeys at a monkey zoo I went to a while ago.  They actually let the monkeys come out with the people along with a few other animals.  Now, where did I put my camera?...

No comments:

Post a Comment