Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gluten-Free Day 3

So, I haven't died.  yay!!! But I have had a nasty cold for the past few days and they just don't have useful medicine here.  Oh well.  I took the day off yesterday, drank a lot of tea, took a couple of hot showers, and I feel a little better.

One thing I've learned is that gluten-free bread sucks.  It's just gross, at least the kind I have is.  I'm going to try and buy a different kind today, but that means I have to go into the city.  That's slightly more difficult since Alex borrowed my bike and ran over glass.  Now I have to replace the entire back tire.  We tried to patch it up, but the slice was just too big.  Hopefully I can just take the bus and get some tasty bread.  That's all I miss... well and cheese... and icecream.  OK apparently I miss a lot.... chocolate.... The milk is the more frustrating part.  I can do without the gluten.  There's gluten free bread and cookies and cereals and snacks and flour.  I just want my tasty milk back.  grrr.  This is going to be harder than I thought.  Even harder than when I was a vegetarian for a month and a half.  Oh that reminds me, they have this delicious bacon wrapped ground pork here.  It's so good.  I made a meat rub for the first time last night for it.  It turned out a little salty, but very tasty.

Other than that not much has been going on.  I narrowed down my colleges by a few, and I've been playing a lot of Mario Party.  Maybe I need a life... nah!

1 comment:

  1. Yucky! Gluten free bread is not all that great! You miss ice cream..... you can have orange sherbet! Add some 7 up and make a tasty float! Yum-o! And plain white rice is always fabulous! Sorbets are another tasty treat as well as good ole fresh fruit! If you need some ideas, let me know.... this is what I did my main praoject on in school! Good luck with it! Even if you don't have celiac disease, the diet is a great one to follow and.... *Ahem*..... will regulate your bowel movements! haha

    ReplyDelete