I've officially been gluten-free for three weeks! (minus a couple of slip ups) Now it's time to test the diet. So, I get to eat one meal with gluten in it a day and see if I notice a change. I'll do this for one week, and if nothing changes. I will eat all the bread that I want! And pizza! And cookies, cakes...... everything! However, not quite everything is doing so well with my digestive system. So, I think I am going to cut out soy entirely. I've only been lowering it, and I've noticed that I still get sick after eating too much of it. And hopefully that will help. If not, I guess I will just keep a food diary... I suck at diaries though. Hopefully it won't come to that. Hopefully I can just be soy-free forever and my digestive system will be happy.
Well, to get off the topic of food. Apparently my advisers don't think I am working hard enough. I've been pulling 50-60 hour weeks between lab time and homework (which is still work by my boss's standards!). They claim that I have made no progress lately. This is merely because I took the entire set-up apart to make it even better. Don't they know sometimes you have to take a step back to leap forward? I think they're missing the point. I've also really been neglecting my studying for the GRE. I know I have an extra month now, but I really need to do this, and right now, I just don't have the time. Even though I see that as the MOST important, it has the latest deadline of everything here. So, it keeps getting pushed back to later.
My cousin, Christina, just moved in to college for the first time. She sounds really excited. She's also getting her cartilage pierced. I remember when I got that done... Oh boy, that made me sound old. haha. That reminds me the laser I'm working with right now is as old as me! haha. I couldn't stop laughing once I figured that out. It's starting to turn yellow and only come on some of the times you push the on button.
I know I keep promising pictures. Truth is I have only a few, and I don't have the time to post them. So, right now you will have to deal with words. Hopefully I will take more pictures on mine and Alex's anniversary. That way you can all see him. But he is visiting school in April and home in the summer. Ahem parents I hope that's ok :) So you all should be able to meet him in person. I have only one rule. You must not scare him away. mmk? k.
No comments:
Post a Comment